The shareholders of B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co. Aktiengesellschaft elected a new Supervisory Board at the Annual General Meeting on April 26, 2022. Metzler Bank’s Supervisory Board now consists of nine members, including three workers' representatives.
The new board confirmed Dr. Christoph Schücking as Chairman of the Supervisory Board and elected Wolfgang Kirsch as Deputy Chairman to replace Hans Hermann Reschke, who was elected Honorary Chairman.
The expansion of the Supervisory Board from three to nine members marks the final step in corporate restructuring, which started when Metzler Bank changed its legal form from a partnership limited by shares (Kommanditgesellschaft auf Aktien) to a stock corporation (Aktiengesellschaft) in the summer of 2021 and was completed when B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co. Holding AG was merged into Metzler Bank at the end of 2021.
The Supervisory Board is composed of the members of the previous supervisory bodies (the Shareholders' Committee and Advisory Board) as well as Dr. Katrin Stark and the new workers' representatives as follows:
- Dr. Christoph Schücking (Chairman), retired notary public and formerly partner at CMS Hasche Sigle, Frankfurt/Main
- Wolfgang Kirsch (Deputy Chairman), Chairman of the Supervisory Board at Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA and former Chairman of the Executive Board at DZ-Bank
- Joseph Bernhart, Head of Reporting at Metzler Asset Management GmbH
- Hans H. Freudenberg, Managing Director at Findos Investor GmbH
- Sven Knauer, Head of Equity Trading at Metzler Capital Markets
- Sascha Koppenhagen, Chairman of the Workers Council at B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co. Aktiengesellschaft
- Elena von Metzler, Co-Owner of B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co. Aktiengesellschaft
- Dr. Leonhard von Metzler, Co-Owner of B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co. Aktiengesellschaft