Metzler Corporate Finance
We are “the” independent German M&A advisor – pro-active, highly experienced and focused solely on your best interest – and can lead your domestic and international transactions to full success. You can benefit from our bundled excellence in every respect – from idea development to best-in-class execution – characterized by commitment, genuine enthusiasm for M&A and by Metzler’s unique value culture.
High-quality M&A advisory services
Benefit from our comprehensive know-how and long-standing transaction experience across the entire M&A spectrum: sell-side and buy-side advisory, mergers, carve-outs, leveraged buy-outs and privatizations.
In a sell-side process, our clients rely on our excellence and experience in handling key success factors, e.g.:
- Selection and presentation of targeted information to investors
- Development of the best equity story and anticipation of critical issues
- Design and organization of tailor-made, competitive sell-side processes
- Definition of key success criteria for buyer selection
In a buy-side process, our unique network is a differentiating success factor. We have excellent access to all relevant companies, decision makers and other important stakeholders. Thus we can help you position yourself and your company as the most suitable buyer and incorporate the goals of the seller into your considerations.
In succession situations or when a realignment of shareholder structures becomes necessary, we develop flexible concepts tailored to your specific needs.
As a successfully managed private bank with an unbroken tradition of family ownership in the twelfth generation, advising family businesses has always been one of Metzler’s core strengths.
Therefore, we can offer an exceptionally profound understanding of:
- Heterogeneous ownership structures
- Specific family topics and decision-making processes
- Complex situations and relationships
- Potential conflicts of interest within owner families
For public transactions, we combine our excellent understanding of the capital markets with the respectively applicable regulatory requirements and the relevant process know-how for:
- Public takeovers
- Acquiring, building up or selling stakes in listed companies
- Defense against hostile takeover bids.
Furthermore, we utilize the bank’s capital market know-how and settlement expertise.
We provide expert advice to companies, owners and insolvency administrators in all financial distressed and insolvency situations. In particular, what sets us apart is:
- Long-standing experience with processes and investors
- Proven expertise in handling companies in special situations
- No conflicts of interest
- Very high success rate in closing “distressed M&A“ transactions.
You can rely on our extensive transaction experience as a long-standing M&A specialist. We work in a variety of different sectors with particular focus on the Automotive, Industrial, Technology, Consumer & Distribution, Financial Services and Business Services sectors.
Funds advised by
Findos Investor GmbHMunich, Germany sold 100 percent of the shares in
Rhenoflex GmbHLudwigshafen, Germany to
Coats Group plcUxbridge, United Kingdom
We advised the seller.
The shareholders of the Norderland GroupWesterholt, Germany sold an onshore wind farm portfolio with a capacity of 365 MW
enercity AGHanover, Germany We advised the sellers.
Daikin Industries Ltd.Osaka, Japan acquired 100 percent of the shares in
Duplomatic MS S.p.A.Parabiago, Italy from
Alcedo SGR S.p.A.Treviso, Italy We advised the buyer.