In our Asset Management division, we provide investment services for institutional clients. We develop customized portfolio management concepts as well as efficient and secure administrative solutions.
We talk in detail with each institutional investor about his or her specific objectives and risks. Through a shared set of values, mandates can evolve into long-lasting business relationships. We aim to offer our clients a balanced mix of standardized processes and individual services at all times, thus creating sustainable value.
Responsible member of the Partners’ Committee
Gerhard Wiesheu joined Metzler in 2001. In 2015, he became personally liable partner of B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co. KGaA and in 2012, he was appointed member of the Executive Board of B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co. Holding AG. Since 2002, Mr. Wiesheu has also been a member of the Partners’ Committee of B. Metzler seel. Sohn & Co. Holding AG and responsible for Metzler’s core business area Asset Management and heads Metzler’s US Real Estate business.
Members of the Management Board
Timeline of Metzler Asset Management
Metzler Asset Management is part of the group that belongs to Metzler Bank, Germany's oldest private bank in unbroken family ownership since 1674.
Metzler Asset Management founds the Sustainable Investment Office and recruits ESG experts
Metzler Pension Management GmbH is founded.
ESG reporting is introduced.
Metzler Asset Management GmbH and Metzler Investment GmbH merge to form Metzler Asset Management GmbH.
The first mutual fund with ESG integration is launched: the Metzler European Dividend Sustainability fund.
Metzler Asset Management GmbH signs the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI).
Metzler opens a representative office in Beijing, China.
The newly founded Metzler Real Estate GmbH advises and accompanies private and institutional clients in their real estate investments at home and abroad.
- Metzlers Master-KVG offers controlling for institutional clients.
- The new business segment Metzler Pension Management develops individual solutions along the entire value chain of corporate pension schemes with a focus on advisory services.
- Metzler establishes the Metzler Fund Xchange (MFX) fund platform to manage fund accounts for private and institutional clients.
With Metzler Asset Management (Japan) Ltd., Metzler is now represented in Tokyo, one of the world's largest financial centers.
Absolute return, capital preservation and benchmark-free strategies complement the product range.
- Fixed income products are introduced.
- The newly established Applied Research team supports portfolio management in data analysis as well as product and systems development.
- Metzler receives its first ESG mandate.
- Cooperation begins with the sustainability rating agency oekom research (now: ISS ESG).
Metzler enters into a cooperation with US asset manager Payden & Rygel.
- Metzler establishes Metzler FundServices GmbH (formerly Metzler Servicegesellschaft für Vertriebspartner mbH), thus focusing more strongly on thebroker market.
- Metzler Asset Management GmbH is founded.
Metzler puts its fund business on international footing by establishing the Irish fund management company Metzler Ireland Limited.
Metzler's fund business is concentrated in Metzler Investment GmbH.
Metzler launches its first mutual fund.